[4 & 16] - [George Russell]

A/N: for Krasnaja_Wdowa

TAGLIST: Jhawker123 landon0rris jxan_F1 MariPecs10 Judy_Taurus

WORDCOUNT: 724

4. "Hey, you're okay. You were just having a nightmare" & 16. "Keep talking, I want to fall asleep to your voice"

George rolled over in bed when the light of the screen of his phone illuminated the room and your caller ID appeared on the device. George knew you never called him at night, so he was quick to get his nightstand light on and he picked up right away. "Love, is everything okay?" George asked immediately, sitting up slightly against the headboard of his hotel bed. He was currently on a training camp with before the start of the season and you were separated for a week. "I just needed to hear you, George," you sniffled, your heart clenching in your chest when hearing his voice, relief flooding your mind at the same time. "Are you alright, baby?" George asked again, needing to know what was going on. "I had the worst dream," you explained. "You got unjured during your first race and I was so afraid you couldn't get out of the car." George felt his heart sinking at the soft, breakable sound of your voice.

"Hey, you're okay. You were just having a nightmare. I'm okay, alive and well," George said, hoping it would calm you down as he could sense that you had been crying. "I'm sorry for calling you so late, you must be tired," you said then and know he knew you were okay and nothing was going on, he rested back against the pillows and gladly listened to your voice, even though you had called during the afternoon already. "It's fine, love. You know you can always call me," George replied. "Did you watch anything nice this evening?" He asked next to distract you from either feeling sorry or thinking about your dream again. "I watched Teen Wolf again," you giggled and it made him sigh jokingly. "I lost count on how many times you have rewatched that series already," George said. "But the protagonist reminds me of you," you protested. "Hmm, alright. In what ways? Is he handsome?" George smiled as he heard you giggle again.

"He is handsome," you said. "But he's also a hero and always there for his friends. And he's smart too, even though his intelligence doesn't always show," you finished. "Hey!" George called and you both laughed. "I'm glad you enjoyed watching that show again," George said next. "Just a few more nigths and I'll be back with you, darling," he continued and you nodded eagerly, even though he couldn't see it. "I can't wait for you to come back home," you sighed. After a couple nights the other side of the bed felt cold and you even missed his yelling coming from the simulator room while you were studying in the room next to it. And you were certainly not ready yet to miss him when he travels off to Bahrain. Nevertheless, he is going to be home soon and you dearly want him back. "I know, I can't wait either,"George replied. "Is everything fine now?" He asked after a short moment of silence.

You hesitated slightly. You didn't want to keep him awake, knowing he had to be up early. "I'm tired, but I don't want to go to sleep again," you said softly. "Just tell me a story, please? Keep talking, I want to fall asleep to your voice," you muttered and who was George to tell his adorable, pretty girlfriend no? George smiled at your request. "Alright, darling." It was quiet for a moment before he started talking. "About a year ago I met this beautiful girl and her name was Y/N. She was doing her internship at Williams, but unfortunately due to the lockdown and the restrictions, she wasn't able to keep working there. Lucky me, I already asked for her number and later asked her out..." You smiled at what he told you. He continued the story about how you met, his voice soothing in your ear while you started to doze off. George stopped when he didn't hear you softly humming in response every now and then and he listened to only hear some deep breath every now and then. George ended the call with a smile.

"Goodnight, my love."