[10] - [Mick Schumacher]

A/N: for coffeeandblueberries

TAGLIST: RacingOlive sweetrose33 tuesday234 lewavocado Laraf1lover jubsmagcultthg chal_lelerc MICKSCHUMI _thaimilktea justanf1fan mrvlous elliejones07 LandoNorris _beyond_the_stars formulaoneisgoals

WORDCOUNT: 627

10. "Am I your lock screen?".

You were incredibly relieved that Mick was able to travel safely from Bahrain to Switzerland. The news had come around that the Bahrain raceweekend was postponed and their pre-season testing was abruptly come to a halt due to the COVID-19 virus. For you, your biggest concern was Mick returning safely home, even though you knew he was incredibly disappointed and maybe even annoyed with the announcement, the thing he dearly wanted was to race again, especially after so many good moment of the previous season. Mick had come home this afternoon and you had settled in cosy in the bed you shared in his apartment in Geneva. His arm was swung around you while you lazily rested against his chest, both of you focused on the movie you were currently watching on Netflix. Mick had to admit, this felt a lot better than being alone in his hotel room in Bahrain.

His fingers absently played with a couple strands of your hair, twirling them around the tips. You were warm in one of his hoodies, curled up against his broad frame. It was good to have him back home and secretly you looked forward to have him around all the time. You were studying at home now too, so there would be plenty of time to spend together. Mick reached for his glass and realized it was empty, which made him sit up and pause the movie. "I'm getting something to drink, do you want something too?". He asked and you nodded, looking at him when he stood up. "Some soda, please". You moved your hand in front of your mouth when you yawned, causing him to smile at you. "And please bring the chocolate". You smiled next and Mick nodded, leaning towards you to peck your lips. You watched him make his way into the kitchen and you leaned back against the pillows that were pushed up to sit against the headboard of the bed.

The phone that laid next to you lit up and you were about to take it when you realized it was Mick's phone. You didn't want to be nosy and look at what it was, but something caught your eyes. You tapped on the screen and it lit up again, the text of Marcus Armstrong didn't bother you much, it was the background that made you pick up his phone to take a better look. Your lips curled upwards and your cheeks coloured slightly rosy, seeing his lock screen was a picture of you. He had taken it for your Instagram, a picture of you while you two were on a walk with his mum's dog before he left to fly to Bahrain. You never knew he had settled it as his background. You looked up at him when Mick returned to your room. "Am I your lock screen?". You asked with a smile, indicating why you were holding his phone. "Of course you are". Mick replied with a boyish grin, putting the glasses down on the nightstand and handing you the chocolate.

"I just loved this picture a lot". Mick said, swiping the notification of the text away to get to the full picture. "Your smile, the sunset". He continued. "I like to see your face every time I have my phone in my hand or every time I unlock it to answer a text or a call". He explained and your heart nearly melted in your chest. "That's really cute". You giggled, your stomach flipping with the butterflies in them. Mick smiled at you again, his knuckles grazing your cheeks before he kissed you lovingly again.