[19] - [Drummer!Lando]

A/N: for GorroVermelho

TAGLIST: Garrixer_06 landon0rris jxan_F1 MariPecs10 snugleo Chami2207 f1_girl97 RedBullRacingFan m___a___R LandoNorris ferraritastic black_ma23 justanf1fan Judy_Taurus _thaimilktea ricciardoaf nathnath97 Landoandashton wanderlust_gemini Taaaaamz MilkeyboiLando sweetrose33 rosaa-

WORDCOUNT: 1276

19. "You're such a bad liar"

Lando looked over at you while his sticks were drumming rhythmically onto his drum set, his head nodding along to the music. Ever since you joined their band, a couple months ago by now, new life was blown into it. The music sounded so much more together and band-alike, which made the band rehearsals a lot better as well. Lando's eyebrows furrowed together as he focussed on himself again, yet when the small solo interlude arrived and his drums calmed down while you effortlessly played the notes. He just loved watching you play. He was so impressed when you came to practice with them for the first time, he admired the experience you had and the many styles you could play. You adapted really fast to the pop-rock style of their band and to him it seemed like you were the missing piece of the puzzle.

Lando nearly missed the start of the outro, however he was quick to catch up. You started to sing again, a repetition of the first verse and an automatic smile showed up on his face at the sound of your angelic voice. The combination of your voice and your guitar was just magically and he wondered if there would ever be a moment where he wouldn't get goosebumps from your musical talent. "Alright, that was great!" The bassist spoke up with a grin when the song was over. "For sure, you sounded angelic, Y/N," the second guitarist added. "Thanks, guys. Let's take a break and then look at the song I send you last week?" You asked and they all agreed. The bassist and guitarist went out to smoke, which left you and Lando alone in the room. "You wrote that song yourself, didn't you?" Lando asked as you were hovered over the large notebook you had opened on the table.

"Yeah, I did," you replied with a gentle smile and your cheeks heated up slightly as he came from behind his drumset to join you. Lando looked at your neat handwriting from over your shoulder. "It's really impressive what you do," he hummed, gently reaching out to turn the page of your notebook and he looked at the lyrics of another song you had written. "Thank you," you muttered, feeling the heat of his body radiating towards yours and you stepped away to prevent the moment from becoming awkward. Lando's eyes wandered over to you and a smile tugged on his lips. One of his hands moved through his messy curls, his earplugs dangling around his neck and he looked so incredibly cute in the loose shirt he was wearing. Sometimes his skilled hands and the concentrated frown on his face nearly made you forget the lyrics.

But you could never tell him. It would be too awkward to tell your bandmate that you had a crush on him. Your way to out yourself were your songs and your lyrics subtly described him, however you were sure it was subtly enough that he wouldn't notice. Your other bandmates returned from their short break and you all picked up your instruments again. You briefly spoke through the chords and the rhythm as you sung your lines to show what you imagined the song to be like. Lando liked it, it was catchy and creative, fitting the style of the band and he felt like it gave everyone a chance to show their talent. Lando looked up at you while you were explaining some of the notes to the bassist and he loved how well you could help the others and how thoughtful you were with the details of the song. When everyone was ready, Lando counted down and the song started.

Lando didn't look over at you too much, wanting to focus on the music and get into his own rhythm, however some lines of the lyrics pulled his attention. It was the clear the song described someone you valued a lot and maybe even loved. The rehearsal finished after that and everyone packed in their stuff. You rehearsed twice a week, so you were going to meet with them again on Friday. It was quite late already and you walked out of the building after saying goodbye to your bandmates. It was dark outside and you pushed your hands into the pockets of your jacket. "Wait, Y/N!" You stopped as you heard Lando's voice behind you. "Let me walk you home," he said. You were about to say he didn't have to, but you decided to say yes. "I'd appreciate that," you replied with a smile. "I figured you were on my route anyway, and it's probably more safe," Lando added.

"Definitely," you responded. "I liked the song you wrote," Lando started. "Who did you write it about?" He asked then and you were slightly startled. "What makes you assume I wrote it about somebody?" You asked, swallowing hard and burying your head deeper into your jacket to hide the blushes on your cheeks. "Oh, some of the lines gave me the impression that it was a person you loved or means a lot to you," Lando gently tried. He wasn't going to say directly that he thought it was about him. "I'm sorry, it must be personal," he said then. "No, it's fine," you said. "Is it about me?" Lando blurted out and you gasped, slapping his arm. "Lando!" You breathed. "It's not about you, that wouldn't make any sense," you added quickly then and by the way your pace quickened and your eyes diverted from him, he was sure you wrote songs about him.

Lando grew warm inside at the thought and he grinned as you were denying it. "You're such a bad liar," Lando said. "I feel incredibly, embarrassed now, please, stop," you whined and he grabbed onto your wrist to stop you. Lando's fingers under your chin forced you to look up at him. "I love it that you write songs about me, darling. It confessed your feelings about me without me having to ask and possibly get rejected," Lando explained. "Because how the hell could I not fall in love with that incredibly cool chick who can sing and play guitar and is also a sight for sore eyes?" Your eyes lit up at his words. "You mean that?" You asked, beaming at him nevertheless. Instead of answering you, he leaned down to kiss you, however feeling his breath fanning on your face and his nose bumping against yours made you giggle from nervousness.

Lando chuckled at how adorable you were and he closed the gap between you to finally kiss you. It knocked all of the air out of your lungs and you felt a warm feeling spreading through your body. He pecked your lips a couple times more before he pulled back. "I hope this won't make you stop writing songs about eh... Me," Lando chuckled, his hand moving to the back of his neck. "I don't think so," you laughed softly. "But I don't want the others in the band to know," you said right away. "It'll be our secret," Lando said, gazing down at you. "Will you let me write a song about you?" he asked. "Only if you walk me home first," you replied, shivering in the cold air of the night. "Of course," Lando smiled, his hand reaching for yours and you gladly entwined your fingers with his.