A showcase with @keeferd

Royal Arcanum (Book 1 of Arcanum Revelation)

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I was inspired by the theme of Good vs Evil that talk about the worth of virtue. And how the secretive conflicts that revolve among the royals since a long time ago, I find it as an intriguing topic to be written. So, I thought to myself, "Why not write something that not everyone knows but the world needs to hear?" And so Royal Arcanum is born. You will find the answer throughout this Gothic Fantasy series, the Arcanum Revelation.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

It's the mystery within the story plot. I find it pretty challenging to follow up with how things will turn out or how things will flow itself eventually sometimes. And how to understand why those things have to happen the way it should be in the story. I think a wise comprehension is needed to write something that has a lot of tangible secrets.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I like to keep up with how the story will unfold itself. I also enjoy the moment when I'm listening to the dialogue being played inside my head or watching the visions of scenes. The writing process itself just feels so rewarding for me.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

There's always a good and bad, just like Yin and Yang. Before I wrote the reimagined version, people were reading the previous one. There are those who enjoy it, or dislike it, or just being neutral. And the more time goes by, I did an improvement on the book, I see this book starts finding its own readers who understand the overall story. Now I see more people enjoy Royal Arcanum, also the new version.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Royal Arcanum is the first installment in the Arcanum Revelation series. There will be seven books in the main story, excluding the spin off. Hahaaa, there are many things that needs to be told to the world, you know!

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

The message. That's what I'd like people to perceive after reading Royal Arcanum.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Then again, I don't feel I'm an expert in giving people advice. I can only share what I have experienced so far, "Just focus on writing and finishing that one book first. The rest will follow."

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Cathy Charlotte is the main character in Royal Arcanum. I feel like (or maybe I'm just too narcissist to think this, hahaaa) I share the resemblance with her classic look, as I admire vintage vibe. And with her personality traits, which is the truth seeker, and sometimes being head-stone when believing in the things that I think it is right. I have a firm principle once I put my mind about something.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I think the readers would be drawn in wanting to see more about the mysterious factors that are hindered behind Cathy's family conflict and how these characters will deal with their own depression and belief system to solve the problems throughout the story.

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, absolutely. My future project will be all about science stuff. One is on-hold "Equilibrium", about how a girl is most wanted by the government's top-secret project because she has the ability to time-travel in parallel universe, there will be star-crossed lovers here. And the other one is "Before the Dark Awake Me". Check it out on my profile, I have published the intro and prologue. If you like the idea of symbiote creature meets an innocent girl, you should definitely stay tuned!!