A showcase with @STRILON, author of THE MULTIVERSAL CRIMINAL

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

To be honest, I never really came up with the idea for the story, the story came because of the idea. I have many beliefs about things which have till date not been discovered and is unexplored territory for science. Because they are so beyond our understanding, I connected many popular myths found in religions and added a twist of science to it. When I had the whole backdrop done in my mind, I thought this would make a great story, and from their I started thinking about the plot.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

As the story is very vast in regards of almost everything, I faced writer's block very often. I had to come up with ingenious ways to come around it. I struggled most with the execution of the story. I was unsure how well I could present it to my readers. I wrote it in 7th grade and I started to rewrite it in 2019. Because the story had lots of elements to it, it was difficult to write. And that was somewhat fun too. It was like a challenge that I had accepted and I had to win it!

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

Oh, they have loved it! And I am so happy to say this out loud as from every response I have got back from the readers, it has been nothing but wonderful comments of how the concepts in it amaze them and how they like how descriptive my writing is. I am so fortunate to have such an amazing reader base. :) 

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I enjoyed writing about the descriptions of the surroundings my characters found themselves in and I liked writing their interactions as well. It is fun when you have liberty to play around with things. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

Well, that is something I would like to be cleared. It can be read as a stand-alone story but it is part of a series. I intend on making all my Interstellar Missions series books stand-alone in their own regard. But if one follows with all of them, they get the greater picture of all the events.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 I would like them to take away joy of all things from my story. That is most essential. But I would also like them to get a sense of wonder from all the concepts I have written about. They are very unique and give a sense of amazement when thought of. I hope my story is thought provoking enough so that it stays in the reader's minds as an unforgettable journey.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Wow, that is something I have never done and I place myself far from a professional. But on the way through my journey in wattpad I have learnt lots of things. So a few pieces of advice I would like to give would be:

i) Read the type of books you feel the want to write most, and study the way the author has executed writing it.

ii) Learn new words while reading and keep track of them with a notepad. This has helped me a lot.

iii) Plan the main events of your story before writing it, and make a manuscript. It would be easier and quicker for you to write the actual book that way.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

THE MULTIVERSAL CRIMINAL does not have a main character. There is a group of main characters of which some do have similarities to me. I have tried giving them each a different personality, and I have made that happen by giving each, different traits that I have and some other characteristics.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

First of all, I am so very fortunate to get such a nice cover from this award. It would definitely bring in new readers. Other than that, I have tried to make the synopsis and prologue as interesting and intriguing as I could, so I hope readers would want to carry in and find out what happens next by reading the story, to the point they can't stop!

10 do you have any future projects?

 Of course, haha! I have many projects in mind for that matter. I have plans for a fantasy-esque story and a prequel to THE MULTIVERSAL CRIMINAL. It won't be soon until I get to them as I will have my finals the year after next year so I am busy with studies and preparations, but I hope I can get to writing new stories as soon as they are dealt with! Mean while, after I complete THE MULTIVERSAL CRIMINAL, I would be continuing to write ANOMALY, my other book.