A showcase with @Hab_Loves_Autumn, author of The Temporary Marriage

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I had always wanted to write a book about an arranged marriage so I started looking up that trope and found another that spoke about marriage being a stipulation to get your inheritance and decided to go with that instead. From that the story was born.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

I struggled with writing the whole story to be honest. It was the first real book I'd ever finished so it was difficult for me. I love my book though and how it turned out and hope everyone else does too.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

There haven't been many comments on it from readers but quite a bit of reads and votes. So I'd say the response had been pretty good so far.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed writing one of the main characters the most. His name is Benjamin and he was so much fun to write. He's an awkward guy and it made me laugh when I'd write what he'd say.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

Definitely a stand alone novel. I can't see myself going anywhere else with it.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I'd like them to take away that romance is different for everyone and can start in hinders of different ways. You don't have to be young either to find love because my characters were older when they did.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

This is the advice I give to everyone. If you're writing a story you don't like it's going to show in your writing. So write a story that you want to write even if it isn't the most popular because someone will stumble upon your book and see how you poured everything into it.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

The main character Lucille Monet definitely shared some similarities with me. We're both very happy and caring people which is why she got roped into the adventure. We also both adore kids.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

Probably the fact that Lucille and Ben are very different people. He's more closed off and shy whereas she is happy and energetic.

10 do you have any future projects?

I do actually. One of my books is coming out in January and the other either in December or January. So I'm excited about that!