A showcase with @GraceSClarke, author of Entwined Destiny

1 What inspired the idea of the story? 

 Reality has always been my inspiration and so has experience. Entwined Destiny is a combination of both as well as fiction. I've always found my escape in books and that's what I want to give the readers- comfort. 

2. What was something you struggled with for your story

 as I mentioned above, reality is a part of my story. Every day life can get messy. So merging reality and also providing an escapism did prove difficult for me initially. This story is my first in the romance genre and I dived in scared not knowing how it would be perceived. 

3. What has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

 Trust me when I say this, I'm surprised. My readers actually loved the story written so far. I honestly did not expect that. It's a strange feeling: happy, but nervous with a mixture of pride. 

4. What did you enjoy writing most of your story?

  The angst. The slow burn. The tease. There is so much I haven't uploaded yet, but that's the most I have enjoyed writing and I cannot wait for my readers to read those chapters. 

5. Is your story a stand-alone novel or a piece of a series

 at the moment it is a stand-alone, but you never know- if the response is too good in the end and if the readers demand, it might turn into a duet or series.

 6. What would you like your readers to take away from your story

 I would like my readers to understand and accept that life is hard, no matter what. Be it fiction or reality, everyone has to face struggles and it's different for each person, but that doesn't mean your hurdles are less difficult than others. As for love and romance, the first step is to be able to love yourself before you love someone else otherwise you will not be at peace and to find someone who is that way with you.

7. What's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

 My advice would be to read a lot of books in the genre they want to write in. They need to read stories that are very well-edited and worded. Write every day- it can be one paragraph, it can be one page or ten pages, but to write and be in touch with their story.

 8. Does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

 You know, a lot of people ask me that as well as other authors and I would say, YES. Even if we don't know, we subconsciously leave a part of us in our characters. My characters and I definitely share similarities. 

9. What's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Constant updates, a well written story and an edited one along with proper marketing will draw in new readers.

 10. Do you have any future projects? 

Oh, yes, I do! I have so many planned and I cannot wait to share it with you guys. I am excited and nervous at the same time and I am exploring as well so I hope the readers like what I'll be posting soon. x