A showcase with @TheKiwiStyles, author of Crazy in Love

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

Most of my stories are inspired by random things. I could be sleeping or just going about my day when something random would intrigue an idea. And slowly that idea starts growing into a picture in my head. Much like what happend with CIL. It was also because I've been wanting to write a story where the main character was 'supposedly' crazy. I wanted to dive into something I've never tried before, which I always try to do with my stories.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

Motivation. As a writer we definitely get motivated by our readers' motivation and support. I've never been a writer that cared much about the reads or the votes. But the comments always acted like great motivation. I had two readers that were actively always commenting, that helped alot with always finishing chapters quickly. But somewhere down the road of writing, I lost contact with one of them, which I considered a good friend here on Wattpad. I don't think she uses Wattpad anymore lol After that I struggled with having motivation since I felt like there was no one that was appreciating my writing.

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

the overall response was definitely positive. It was something I highly appreciated since this was my first time writing a story in a different style, and not in a first person's P.O.V.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

All of it! I enjoyed writing every single chapter. This story is the most special and closest to my heart. I've explored something new with it and decided to create background stories for all my characters and not just the main ones. They all had important roles and so I felt proud to create like a small world for the characters that used to live in my head lol

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series

No, it's a stand alone. I don't really like writing sequels.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

Something that I definitely always try to portray through my stories. Is that no one should ever judge anyone without knowing the full story, and even then there might be something you're not fully aware of or it's extent. That's why almost all of my 'evil' characters end up being actually good people or having good reason for their actions. They were just at the wrong time with the wrong people.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

An advice I'd like to give to another writer, is to genuinely just have fun. Because when you lose sight of why you started writing or how you used to enjoy it and instead start focusing on how many reads or votes you get, you'll end up eventually disliking to write. And no one ever started great, just keep writing, you'll eventually gain more experience. Trust me, my very first book compared to my latest can vouch for that lol

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I feel like writers unconsciously sometimes portray even small similarities of themselves into their characters. And if not, then it's characteristics they wished they had in themselves. So while majority of my characters share nothing in common with me, there are those situations in the book where the character could definitely portray me in some ways.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

I can't emphasize enough on how important a cover is. Yeah, of course, we go on preaching not to judge a book by it's cover. But damn do we judge a book by it's cover. Also the book name could intrigue people as well as the description of the story, obviously. It has to be something you yourself as a writer, if it wasn't your book, with such description would intrigue you. If it doesn't interest you the writer; then how do you expect others to? 

 10 do you have any future projects?

I have alot in my drafts and already working on my next story. This one I wanted to take my time with and finish it before I started publishing it. I want to take extra care of this one since it's really special to me (: