A showcase with @bosandaros, author of TIMBER MAN

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

When I was 19, the idea occurred to me; what would it be like if plants became sentient?

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

It took several years to learn how to write. I spent hours on YouTube looking at advice of what to do and what not to do, taking everything with a grain of salt. I highly recommend Brandon Sanderson's collage seminars. Learn from the masters. More specifically, as a discovery writer I generally tend to struggle with finding where an idea fits into a story. Unfortunately, this has derailed me many times.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

When I started out, some people were confused by my writing, and ultimately their advice helped me more than any seminar. I'm not just saying that, experience and input has been the biggest help to me. I've gotten a lot of positive responses too; more so they say that it's a unique story, but also I've received compliments on my writing.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I like how I can go to alternate universes in my head and it all feels so real. Also, I've grown emotionally attached to my characters. They are really special.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

It's a stand-alone novel. Although, given that this is a digital book, I could technically make it however long that I want. If it were ever printed, however, I guess it depends. If it became this insanely long tome, I would probably split it up in that case. That's pure projection at this point

.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want people to be entertained. I have always wanted to make people happy and feel like they have a place to get away from their problems for a while and just read a fun story.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Peppermint tea is a fantastic drink to help you focus. More seriously, I allow myself to daydream a lot about my story instead of focusing on the next chapter. It really helps to write things down as they come to me and at some point things, hopefully, all fall into place. You could probably ask someone better than me for advice, but I would say not to force anything.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

yes

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

My awesome new cover.

10 do you have any future projects?

I had a project for NaNoWriMo, and I'm out of words now, bye!