A showcase with @Zarlash, author of Survival of the Mortalists

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My story was inspired from the ONC2021 contest.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Since it was my first time writing, I struggled with world building.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed the struggles my main character went through.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Overall I've gotten a great response. I don't have many followers on wattpad but I'm satisfied with the reads and votes I've gotten so far.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

So far it's a stand alone novel. But along the way, if the response is even better, who knows I might even think of writing sequels.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

The start of my story might seem like a bit ordinary, but brace yourself because it's a roller coaster ride as it continues. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 This is the third story I'm writing. No matter how much you're struggling, remember that 'don't stop'. If you're meant to write, something good eventually will come up for you and you'll love it :)

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I wish she did. But unfortunately, it's a no.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I  think that would be the main prompt itself, "In a hail mary move the MC bites a zombie, accidentally turning it back into a human."

10 do you have any future projects?

As I am planning on. My mind is a mess, always coming up with something new. But I want to finish one before I start with the next, this time.