A showcase with @Expressmagic101, author of Exposed

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Breach of privacy is a very sensitive subject and is punishable under court of law. Well, I'm a lawyer and crimes inspire my mind in the best of ways. Cyber bullying just happened to be one of those subjects I always wanted to explore as a writer. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The character build up and the structure. I had to make sure that I was writing something believable and relatable. I'm a realist writer and I always plan on bringing stories on survivors to the table. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I enjoyed living vicariously through the story, after a moment, the characters and the plot seemed so vividly real to me, I was lost in that world. Besides, I personally love exploring darker themes, they help me understand people and grow as an individual. 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 It's absolutely unbelievable but I've not had a single person come out to tell me point blank that my story isn't good enough. It's surprising yet deeply satisfying. I always seek criticism to sharpen my edges and I'm still looking out for my readers to help me serve them better. The response has been totally amazing and I'm beyond grateful for that. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 Quite frankly, I'm not sure about it. I tend to think of it as a stand alone novel but who knows? It will probably depend on my mood. Sometimes I do tend to take decisions in a whim and decide to continue a book. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

A lot of messages actually, issues like cyber crimes, breach of trust, bullying and basic legal procedures. I'd like my readers to take the message that whatever doesn't kill you, certainly makes you stronger. Life can fall apart like a house of cards but you will stand right back up and roar like the lion that you are--there's just no other choice. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

My advice would be to focus on the rather more technical aspects of the writing. Sure you have a brilliant idea and you have so much to tell, but what's a book without good adverbs? You don't want your editor scowling at you when they read your script. It's not pretty. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

A few of them yes, I particularly relate to one of the protagonists named Ella, she is smart, broken yet downright rational. I think she got those traits from me. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The fact that my story is based on a gossip column that exposes all the secrets and deceptions. I believe it will draw more readers in. Who doesn't like a good mystery thriller that's easy to read? Plus, don't forget the romance. There aren't many things my readers won't relate to except the obvious aspects such as the murders. 

10 do you have any future projects?

 I do, yes. I absolutely revel in the joy of weaving intricate stories but I'm still working on updating #Exposed so, I'll keep my future project as a secret for now.