A showcase with @fengel, author of MOREMI AJASORO

1 What inspired the idea of your story?

The Character Moremi has been a source of inspiration to me. When I was in secondary school I played the character in a school drama. She has been a part of me ever since. Her story inspires me how strong, brave and selfless she was. And her struggles as a mother, the pain that had to live with her for the rest of her life inspired me to tell her story. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I struggled with creating a Story for other characters apart from the main character. The story is a legacy a recount of what happened many years ago, it has mostly been focused on what happened not her background or events happening that led to the main story.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

  I enjoyed sharing the customs of the ancient yorubas and my characters, bringing them to life.

I also enjoyed telling this story from my own perspective and telling the factors I believed made the story happen.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Too bad have not received comebacks from my readers or enough readers at that.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 For now it is a stand alone but if I get enough interest from my readers and their consent I can make it a series. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 As this Story Moremi Ajasoro isn't really fictional. I would love my readers to take whatever they believed made the story worth their while. She represents so many women today the sacrifices we have to make to make the world a better place even at the expense of our own life. I believe we can take with us her selflessness, bravery, her love, her belief in herself to free her people.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Whatever story you are creating make sure it is not detrimental to your readers. Why I say so is I come across so many books here that are not really healthy for the mental health of people. And I strongly believe what you read shapes your life.Make sure you tell your story do not steal from others. Focus on you and do you.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 In a way, I would do anything for the people I love just like Moremi. Moremi believed in her Goddess Esinmirin. 

Moremi's trust in her even if it costs her makes us similar. I also believe in God and also believe in extra territorial powers even if I would never seek help from any one other than God.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Moremi Ajasoro is a legend and seen as the savior of the ancestral home of the yoruba people ILE IFE. Her statue is the third largest in Africa and I know her story can draw in anyone. Without her there would be no Yoruba which is one of the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Her pain of giving her all, losing and yet winning at the same time.

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes I do. Am currently working on two stories KESLEY HIGH and YOUNG HANNAH.