A showcase with @RosannaMI, author of Between our worlds

1 What provide the inspiration for your story?

 My passion for romance is what inspired Caught Between Our Worlds the most. I first started writing it out of nowhere, and all I knew was that I wanted to tell the story of two different characters and worlds, in this case, the social differences is what sets the MCs apart. I love reading clichés with unexpected plot twists, so that's how I developed the story, and it came out exactly how I'd like to read it. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggled with the many sensitive themes that I approached in the story, such as bullying, rape, violence and drugs. I also struggled to find a balance whenever I was writing about the social differences because it's also a very sensitive topic and I didn't want to upset anybody. It took me a lot of time and research in order to write the story as it currently is, and I hope I accomplished in creating a loveable roller coaster of emotions.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I enjoyed the romance between the main characters. Both Bella and Dan are so sweet, and they learn and grow a lot as the story goes. 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Most of the readers tell me that it's a roller coaster of emotions because it made them sad, angry, hopeful and happy. Some of the readers curse a lot due to the development of one of the main characters, and it amazes me how invested they get when it comes to the plot and to what's going to happen next. I cry every time that a reader binge-reads Caught Between Our Worlds and adds it to their favorites. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 Caught Between Our Worlds is a stand-alone, but I am working on a spin off, Caught Between The Two Of Us, which is already up on Wattpad.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would like the readers to see that it doesn't matter someone's social class, background or friends around them. We should never judge people because we never know what is going on in their lives or even inside their hearts. Looks can be very deceiving. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 Listening to music helps me a lot whenever I am writing, especially when I'm transitioning from one book to another. I always connect a song to each and every story like a soundtrack. Example: Caught Between Our Worlds' song is Deep Blue, by William Black and Monika Santucci. I listened to it countless times while writing about Bella and Dan because it connects me to their worlds and their lives. It helps me to get inside their heads and feel their emotions, and I found it easier to focus on their stories and the words came out easier.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I  believe that both Dan's and Bella's insecurities are reflections of my own insecurity. Bella's way of thinking is similar to mine when it comes to overcoming the differences and forgiving the past, although her character is mostly based on one of my best friends.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 The readers always tell me what they love the most about Caught Between Our Worlds is that it's not the usual romance. Although the main focus is Bella's and Dan's romance, there are a lot of unexpected plot twists, and even the personalities of the characters usually catch the readers by surprise. 

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, I have a lot of future projects. I just can't stop coming up with new ideas, which I'm very grateful for. I'm currently working on three books that are up on Wattpad, and there are five more waiting for a chance to come to life. Writing is my life and it's practically the air that I breathe, so I can't help myself. :)