A showcase with @MeowMeow422, author of Eclipsed World: Midnight Survivor

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

A lot of things actually. But, I mostly just wanted to try something new but also familiar to me. (I've written Fantasy before, but not Dark)

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 The hardest part was definitely writing the fight/action scenes--I was never good at them. Also, mimicking accents was a bit hard but do-able.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I guess, my favourite parts were when some of the characters interact. I liked making Max--the protagonist's BFF--the most. He's a cheery person with a bright outlook on life, and sees the best in it. Although, he was a bit hard to write due to him being a hardcore Anglophile who loves doing every known English accent.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Overall, I'm getting pretty decent comments, but so far, that's all. Though unpopular, I've been on a roll with the book--churning up chapter after chapter. So I don't really mind the current amount of views--to get to the top, you have to start from the bottom.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

The story is the first of a series. I've already planned it; it will be triology--but who knows? I might make more.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I guess, so far, to learn from the characters. Despite it being a Dark Fantasy, they are light topics in this book. How Max is the sort of optimistic idiot who charges head on; how Raven(the protagonist) is impassive to the world around him, but when push comes to shove, he knows what he'll have to do. Each character has a flaw but also a strength, and they each have a reason for it. Just like any person.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

My advice is to continue writing. If you have a story, write it down immediately. I don't about anyone else, but for me, when I'm trying to focus; I'll sit at my computer until I write. Sometimes I'd take breaks, but I won't stop until I accomplish the goals I set.

For example, to finish a chapter (2000-4000 words) in four days or less. I imagine a teacher giving me 'extra work' if I don't complete the goal--like doing another chapter. This mindset helps me to reach my goals.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

The protagonist doesn't really care about much but knows what and who he should care about. He also knows when to stand up. His best friend, Max, has a cheerful demeanor. He's always ready to make new friends and gets easily excited by the world around him. He's also ready to risk himself for the people he cherishes.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

My story is a spin on a classic trope in fantasy--a normal person is suddenly thrown into a foreign land. For those who like cliches and even those who like original stories, my story would fit them well. There's some cliches, but it's not chunk full of them either.

10 do you have any future projects?

For now, I'll be focusing on the books I've already published (5). But, one of them is almost complete--so I'll see where I'll go from there