A showcase with @sufiena1608, author of Babysitter Cougar

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

There were a lot of factors that made me wanted to write Babysitter Cougar (BC). Initially, BC was meant for my own reading pleasure, or my imagination that materialized into a story/novel. I love stories that are uncommon and not cliché. So, Babysitter does that. I dig stories involving relationship of a matured woman with younger man but mostly in my search, I get single mother/divorcee preying on young men with a lot of smut in it. And that weren't my preferences. So, telling myself, why not I created a story the way I wanted with elements that I can relate. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Sentence structures, vocab, grammatical issues and the fluidity of the story. Sometimes, it came out too rigid with no emotions, sometimes I struggled to find the right words to put it.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The entire experience of it, especially when I was down to its epilogue.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I have mixed reviews from my readers, honestly. Some liked it, a few love it, while some don't. Some struggle to enjoy BC because it is skewed towards the adult readers. And some also felt BC is a bit controversial, difficult to follow. While most readers love cliché stories of high school/college romance, bad boy or billionaire, BC is the total opposite. BC is more of a story that only a few who prefers to read it so it is a struggle to pull readers to like it.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 standalone novel.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Despite its humorous and witty plot throughout, BC also talks about mental health and depression. The world out there are filled with bad people but the ones that hate us are often the minority which we should eliminate them from our focus.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Always go for originality and try to be different. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes, definitely! Well, the main character was created out of me, my past.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I'd say the originality of it, since most of the storylines were based on my past/memories. ^_^

10 do you have any future projects?

Well, yes. I plan to have a sequel to BC – but it can also be read as a standalone.