A showcase with @MiniMoxx, author of Perfectly Unexpected

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

 so it started as this therapeutic way of me writing through my own fertility struggle, and very very quickly turned into this plot line about my main character's ex-boyfriend offering to help her and her husband become parents. It very quickly turned into this weird love triangle and real life struggle of desperation to become parents potentially destroying a marriage.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

 The ending. Always the ending in any story for me! I struggle to construct it and make it non-cliche whichever way I go. I hope to do this one justice though!

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

the character growth. I've loved "watching" the three characters change and grow as the story has gone on! 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

 as I'm rewriting it right now, the readers who have seen it as it is now have said how real it feels and they are positive when I mention how the story USED to be, and how it is now as it feels more realistic and less harsh. XD I've always tried to keep this story realistic.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

standalone

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

 a sort of realistic look at the adult world of love, loss and heartbreak really!

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

 get that first draft out! The first draft of this story was to me awful. It wasn't how I wanted it to go. But I got it out, so now I've gone back and reworked it, and learnt a lot about writing, and the story/characters! A blank page can't ever be edited!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 a little. Her outlook in the beginning is a lot like mine at her age (I'm only 2 years older than her!)

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

I'd like to think my writing is good (ha! I hope!) and the journey of the story is quite pulling, I hope also! :P

10 do you have any future projects? 

 LOTS of them! I've had to put a story on hold for now, but I plan on finishing it once I've rewritten this story, I have a couple of plots planned out for the future, and I have a novella planned as a sequel for one of my other books than I'm about to start editing for the Wattys. I'm always writing :P