A showcase with @The_Padgenator, author of Family ties

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Many things inspired this story. Firstly, the personal aspect really created the story and gave it weight that nobody else could imagine. Secondly, it was, in my opinion, the perfect opportunity to begin on Wattpad! It represented a fresh start for what I can do on the platform.

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story?

While describing scenes and areas was relatively easy to get done (and enjoyable), writing dialogue was rather difficult as it was complicated to create conversations between the characters without there being glarong flaws. This is why I have few parts involving dialogue, as the image is supposed to tell a thousand words.

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers

So far, the response has been great! Many people appreciate the personal twists and overall writing techniques, mainly how I can set a scene! It makes me so happy that people think that.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The closure. The fresh beginning on a new platform. The FREEDOM! Writing Family Ties was a completed form of what I had learned at school and wished to write for people!

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

It's a stand alone piece, sadly, as the story is not really something to build off of for a sequel, though the style of writing and tone definitely can be used again for future projects! I also have series planned!

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

I'd say their own interpretation. Family Ties is very personal yet I believe so many people can resonate with it on a personal (or at least sociological) level. So I'd love for people's interpretations to be what they take away! Also I'd love to hear them! As well a that, hopefully people take away that this is a start of my writing progression, of which I'd love people to join me on!

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

There are many pieces of advice I can give, but I guess the main piece is that "this is your own story". Wattpad is a place where you can share your writing in the ways you only know how to do. Defy expectations. Go off the wall. Doing your own style means that you will surely find a following of people that like YOUR style.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Without spoiling, the short answer is "no". The main character is definitely a character built off of me in some way, but I wouldn't say they share anything with me. If anything, it's quite the opposite.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

I've mentioned before, but your own style definitely will bring in those who would appreciate a change or your type! I'd say originality is your best friend when it comes to drawing people in. It adds a whole new level of interest!

10 do you have any future projects?

DEFINITELY!!! At the moment, I am writing my new project of "Plague Of The Kindred", which has two chapters published to read already! It's a way to introduce my fantasy/historical interest when it comes to writing and also includes an entirely original take on famous events. Although my timing hasn't been the best and it may have long gaps between chapters, I truly hope it shows a good writing style people can follow! Even after P.O.T.K, I have a ton of novel ideas that I simply cannot wait to start! I hope people enjoy!