A showcase with @angelicapascoe, author of Silver Bruiser

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

 I always say write what you want to read, and I will say that I tend to read over "Sliver Bruiser" a lot! I really wanted to bring to light more diversity and I live in Florida and bringing Miami and that lifestyle to life was so much fun since I live it! I also interviewed a real drug dealer to get a take in their life so the story could be as realistic as possible. I did my research. 

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

I never really have problems or struggles when writing a story but I believe I had some challenges intertwining all of the characters in the story since their are so many!

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

My two main characters! Anurak & Milada and how their relationship blossomed over the course of the story. 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

So far so good! I love the reactions that I get out of the readers in almost every sentence and the cliff hangers at the end of each chapter tend to make the reactions even crazier.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

That is something we'll have to fine out. *inserts villainous laugh.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

That my protagonist takes physical and emotional chances, allowing my readers to vicariously experience risks that would normally be too scary to face. I let my readers peer into someone else's unguarded mind, and often what they see there, in all its messy, revealing, gloriously human detail, is a reflection of what's in their own mind. 

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 Stick to one work before moving onto the next project! You need to exert your energy solely on that specific book because you've got readers counting on you!

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Oh yes, she does. I put a lot of my sarcasm and spunk into her and we're also the same age and have the same birthday! 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

 I believe my writing style is eccentric and I also believe the characters are very memorable and the plot is just BOOM.

10 do you have any future projects?

I do! I have a YA Romance in the works set for release in Summer 2021.