A showcase with @mamoniqueee, author of Wonderfully so

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

It's actually a song from the 80's. I'll keep this as a secret for now haha

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

There's a lot. I'm really bad at pacing, character development, logic, building climax, world-building, etc. basically every common mistake newbie writers like me go through — I really suck at haha. But I'm doing my best to improve it thanks to my readers and friends.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Since I'm a pantser, meaning I don't usually outline my plot until the end, I enjoy surprising myself with the next scenes that come to mind as I write. Another thing is somehow giving my readers the opposite of what they're expecting haha. I'm THAT kind of author. Of course, the dialog as well. I love to create "quote-worthy" dialogs 

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 Has potential but needs a lot of improvement. I couldn't agree more!

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

Wonderfully So is a stand alone novel. But I do think about trying a series someday. I bow down to authors who could do series — that much dedication and commitment to the craft is priceless. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

  I would like my readers to learn about discovering more of themselves especially when it comes to love to oneself and to others. Sometimes, we're too caught up with our fantasies we can't seem to draw the line between what's real and what's not, and most of the time our perception about life is compromised. It is so easy to judge another by his/her mistakes when you're not in his/her place. But when they're actually in that position where they need to make a tough choice, I hope my book teaches them to decide for themselves and not anybody else.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

When you write down your story in hopes of sharing it to the rest of the world, I want you to think about all the hindrances, both internal and external, and prove them wrong with the love of your craft. Be quiet in progress, so they'll think you have nothing done. Don't be afraid to let them think you're going nowhere with your book, because I'm sure when you finish it amidst their doubts, the satisfaction will be much sweeter for you. Lastly, give yourself room to be discouraged, but don't ever ever stop writing. 

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Yes, actually. But usually when I write about Avery, I think about a certain character from a TV show. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The  unpredictability of the story

10 do you have any future projects?

 Definitely! My imagination is wild and I have all the time in the world for my passion! But I promise myself I will not be working two or more projects at a time.