A showcase with @lizzyJ_, author of Blood moon rising

1 What inspired the idea of your story?

would you believe me if I say that I was scrolling through Pinterest one day and saw an amazing cover and decided to write a story with it? Well, that's true though and the outline of the plot instantly came to my mind.

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

Readers. It's still that. I'm not looking for reads. I'm looking for readers because ultimately, that's what truly matters. 

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

 From the few responses, people have been highly intrigued and I'm truly thankful to them for that.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Every bit of it. It's my world. I am still creating it and there's not one part that I don't enjoy. The bad, the good, I love it all.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

Well, that depends on the response, but maybe I'm planning a sequel.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

I think friendship. Actually, yeah. Definitely friendship. Krystal is just so incomplete without Maria and vice versa. I love writing about their relationship. The purity, the wholesomeness. It makes my heart. 

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

I'm not much of a planner as I explore my story along with the readers because I plan on the moment and write down. However, I think one should have an outline of the chapter before sitting down to write. Not the details, but the outline is necessary

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

A lot. She's sassy and smart mouth just like me. She's also very realistic and impulsive, which is also like me. 'Krystal' and I have a lot in common. 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Well, the cover for starters, then the blurb, and then the roller coaster adventure I have in store for them. 

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, I do. I have two projects, I'll start working as soon as I'm done with Blood Moon Rising. One is going to be a young adult and another one a mystery thriller. But I'm not revealing the titles yet.