A showcase with @katherineWitherspoon, author of When in London

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I've always had quite a massive imagination. I read classic books. Strangely, I just came upon an idea about what it feels when you're in love with a bisexual man (but he's gayer), then he likes you and it gets more complicated - like Freddie Mercury and Mary Austin's relationship but different.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

My struggle was finding motivations and vocabulary for my story. About doing a descriptive style, I struggle to find the right words to capture since English is my third language acquisition. I struggle with my autocorrect word, my use of tenses of each sentence gets wrong. Also, writer's block? Every writer struggles with it. But what you do with it is what really matters.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

It really inspires and motivates me when readers told me my story is beautifully/ cleverly written.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

You can picture anything that you ever wanted, who's going to evaluate? You can create entire new world of yours where everything is according to you at least for the sake of that story or the things you didn't experience yet. When writing a story, I've been a lot of research and I'm also learning a lot.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

I wanted my story to be a stand alone, but I think it deserves a series. I haven't decided yet. Perhaps, it can be just one book.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want readers to be entertained. , I just normally want the readers to take away and understand the basic meaning behind what its written; or a message; or a conclusion.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

I don't good at advising really, but this could help. I loved Neil Gaiman, one of my favorite authors. I would like to share a piece of advice from him. "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT: YOU SIT DOWN AT THE KEYBOARD AND YOU PUT ONE WORD AFTER ANOTHER UNTIL IT'S DONE. IT'S THAT EASY, AND THAT HARD." - NEIL GAIMAN

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes. Just a few similarities and big differences.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

I guess the covers I made for the book. Aesthetics, styles, banners. It is a rom-com story. Most teenagers want to be love.

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes. I'm currently working on it. I haven't published it yet.