A showcase with @Raeface24-7, author of Getting Chased

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Well.. this one is a little personal. I've got a few family members who struggle with addictions, and it always upset me. I never understood it, and I realized I had to get in that kind of mindset to be more understanding of their position. So I had my main character, Ava, struggle with alcohol addiction to get a better idea of what it's like, fictionalized or not. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The hardest part of my book was the very first chapter. I had no idea how to throw the character's together! 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

My favorite part was writing the character development. It's always been my favorite thing to read, write, and see. 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I had surprisingly great feedback for it being my first book. My readers got quite attached to the male lead, and I'd say that's the most noticeable reaction from them.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Getting Chased is a standalone novel at the moment. I don't plan to make more books that would fit in the same categories, but you never know. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would love it if the people who read my story got the impression that life isn't easy (not even in books), and love can be a struggle. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 I'm not the best person to dish out writing advice, but my main piece would be to stay inspired. If you don't have that spark that makes you want to write/continue a story, you've got to find it. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Oh yes, more than I'm proud of. We both tend to avoid issues until they absolutely need attention. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I believe readers would appreciate that my story isn't the average cliche. It still has some of those elements, but I just feel like it's special. 

10 Do you have any future projects?

There are so many books I'm in the process of writing, and I'm still trying to figure out which one I want to release and pursue writing it. Hoping to have a new project out this year. Fingers crossed!