A showcase with @the_euphoriaaa, author of Thin ice

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

 I've always thought that mafia-Romance books were interesting. I read a few when I first came to Wattpad back in 2012, but was no where near the skill I am today to execute one of my own properly. 

So this idea for Thin I've went through A LOT of changes. I had been watching Season 2 of Fargo and got inspired by the episode when Kirsten Dunst's character kills a man's with her car. I wanted that to be someone in the mafia that she killed and my MC gets wrapped in the family that way. Clearly that didn't happen, and after several rewrites, I ended up where I am now. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I struggled making my version of the mafia seem real. As if the events could REALLY happen and would be appropriate in that environment. It was also a bit difficult working on the abuse scenes. I didn't want them overly graphic or too weak to seem emotionally grabbing. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I love writing the children into my story and I know my readers hate him, but I really enjoyed writing Adrian's POV. He has a bunch of layers and if you can look past the hate, you can see it. Plus, it's interesting to see the response to his actions, especially for new readers. I also really enjoyed creating my plot twists. I have a few in the works, and I can't wait to reveal them. 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I tell them all the time that I still can't believe that they really love it, but they do! Haha. It's been a great response.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 I want to do a series, but we will see. More yes than no.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 Everything you do is a risk. Just make sure you're taking the right risks. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 DO ALL OR MOST RESEARCH BEFORE YOU START THAT FIRST CHAPTER!! Figure out your characters. I don't mean just their names or where they're from, I mean like, what they like, relationships, nicknames, age, age in relation to other characters, timelines, and why they do what they do.

I read a lot of articles about how to complete a book before I wrote this and that helped too.

Read! Live! Experience! It's always good to pull from what you know and don't be afraid to put a piece of yourself into the story.

It makes writing flow so much smoother.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Her love for children. That's as much as I'd like to reveal haha.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The fact that it's a BWWM story that gives insight to multiple POV. 

10 do you have any future projects?

Always, my brain literally comes up with one a day. Haha! A mystery/thriller novel! I'm hoping to have it out by this December!