A showcase with @Being_A_Pluviophile, author of Deep In The Woods

1. What inspired the idea of your story?

I love forests and nature. So, I always wanted to write a story based in the woods. I've also had a fascination for Werewolves. After reading so many werewolf-based books, I wanted write a book in my style. I like my books with less to no loopholes. The concept of connecting events and making them happen for reasons was inspired by life and also the Harry Potter Series that I read so passionately before starting "Deep In The Woods". The concept of a strong female role was inspired by my Mom and also the thought that it's going to take a lot for me to be like her. So, I made Cassandra and her mom just as strong.

2. What was something you struggled with for your story ?

Motivation. Most times that I just cannot write is because I don't have motivation. If I'm unsure of the plot, I let it cook. Which, in turn, means that I give my brain time to get the plot right. I tend to zone out a lot. That's when I'm thinking about my plot and other things. So, the plot has never been an issue. My brain keeps spouting developments. So, it's always the motivation. I didn't have many readers initially... So, it got difficult to push myself to complete chapters.

3. What has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

The ones who've stuck with Cass till the end say that they loved the plot and how everything was put together. They like the suspense. I've been told that the readers find it easier to relate because I write quite informally... and yet manage to pull it off professionally. I guess every writer has their own style of writing!

4. What did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed every bit while working on "Deep In The Woods"! That could be because I wrote the book with all my heart... I felt every emotion that my characters felt. Every time I write a character, I subconsciously put myself in their shoes and react the way they would react. I believe that every character that a writer writes about is like an actual being inside them. They say writer's block happens when your characters refuse to speak to you. It's very much true... I'm a lucky one because my characters seem very happy with me! *laughs*

5. Is your story a stand-alone novel or a piece of a series?

My story is a stand-alone. There may be a lot of theories and loopholes that readers can come up with but as of now, I have no plans of writing a sequel!

6. What would you like your readers to take away from your story?

You don't have to be someone intelligent, perfect, or gorgeous. What really matters is how hard you tried to make life easier for a few people around you. Be kind for no reason and do not expect anything in return. It's very important that you be kind and take care of yourself too! Trust the universe because the world knows how to fix things into place. Believe me. Karma is real! What you give, comes back to you... good or bad. 

7. What's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer when it comes to focusing on their story?

Dear fellow Writer, your story must be a unique one coming from your heart. It's very important that you don't feel put down when you read another book that you felt was the best. Believe me, when I say I've been through that stage! I've felt the same. What's important is that you wrote your book from your heart and you are working hard to perfect it! It's very important to know that all good ideas started out as bad ideas. That's why it takes so much time for it to mold and to turn it into something special. Also, a good book not only talks but also listens to the reader. Remember to focus on emotions and details... That's how you make a book listen and connect to a reader. Also, Grammar is an important aspect. Learning the language takes time and you must work on it... Whichever language you write in.

8. Does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

My main characters are nothing like me. It's downright truth. My characters inspire me to be better... always!

9. What's something you believe would draw in new readers?

Well, you write a good book and make sure you spread the word. A good introduction that can intrigue the readers, an interesting title, and an eye-catching cover. It's usually how you write your blurb that talks about the quality of your writing and induces curiosity among the readers. The important point that I'll repeat again is that you must make your book known! Spread the word!

10. Do you have any future projects?

Yes, I do have future projects in mind which also includes completing my very first book, Exarias. I may continue writing as ideas are endless and the need for good books can never end.