A showcase with @Jagermeanshunter, author of Heir of the gods

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Most of this story was inspired by my fascination with ancient Rome. I had recently watched the movie Gladiator along with reading some really excellent historical fiction by Ben Kane, and the idea just grew up from that.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

One of the things I've struggled with recently is that making sure all three of my major characters have good growth throughout the story. I'm actually reevaluating and revamping some things to even this out within the story.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I adore writing any kind of fight scene, whether it's a one on one bout or a major battle scene. I just enjoy delving into the tactics and the techniques and coming up with an exciting fight scene.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

The overall response has been extremely positive. Whether it's people falling in love with the characters or saying that they just really enjoy my writing style (which amazes me every time I see something like that!) everyone who's taken the time to comment has let me know that they enjoy something about my story.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

first part of a series

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 I would like them to take away that regardless of the circumstances you are born into, your choices are what's important. Your choices dictate how your life will go in the end, and whether you'll be the hero or villain.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

I actually have two pieces of advice for other writers. The first is to take the time to get a solid handle on grammar. People are more inclined to read something that could at least pass for well edited. I'm by no means saying you have to know everything (I certainly don't) but at least get a solid base. There are TONS of people here on Wattpad who are more than happy to help teach you a few things if you take the time to seek them out. The second piece of advice is to write the story YOU enjoy. When you start playing the "please everyone" game, you'll end up with a story that's not at all what you want it to be. Write toward your ideals and beliefs, not anyone else's.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Most of my characters tend to share at least one personality trait with me, if not more. Haha, usually a penchant toward stubbornness. Otherwise, I usually try to write characters with a mix of interesting flaws and the traits that I admire like bravery or kindness.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I would like to think that my characters and maybe my humor would draw in new readers, since I think characters are the most important aspect of a story and I've never been able to enjoy a book without at least a little humor.

10 do you have any future projects?

 Only about a million. I have tons of stories in my head and usually end up working on more than one at a time. There's definitely plenty of future projects rattling around in my brain.