a showcase with @Tiger_Lily245, author For heavens sake

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I have always found angels and demons, and mythology in general fascinating. I'm not religious or anything, but I find inspiration in the different stories around gods and angels. I also hear and use a lot of phrases like "oh for heaven's sake!" Or "when Hell freezes over!" so I thought what if I could step it up to the next level?

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

 The main struggle for me was coming up with the plot for the middle of the story. I knew how I wanted to start the story and how I wanted to finish it. I just didn't know how I wanted to get there. The fact that at the time I thought I only had three days to write the book did help in getting the plot moving. There were still a lot of late night coffee runs and ripped up papers though.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

 The overall response was really positive, I had friends read it and then come up to me to say how much they liked the book. I'm still fairly new to Wattpad so I'm hoping that the WattOriginals will help me gain some readers who read and enjoy the book. I am always open to feedback and comments. 

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I really enjoyed writing Lucifer into my story, even for the brief period of time he was a part of the story. His personality was super explosive right when you meet him, and he was simply really fun to write in, my readers seemed to really enjoy him too. All throughout writing the book I was so excited to introduce him I would tell my editor about how excited I was.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

 Stand alone or series. That's a good question. I am still debating on whether I would like to write a sequel or not, and I have also asked my readers what if they would like to see more. On one hand I loved writing about all the characters, but it's really hard to balance school, writing, and life in general. I would like to hear what my readers think about a spin off as well. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I wrote this story for both the contest as well as for people to enjoy and escape to. If there was something I would want my readers to take away from this is that; even if you feel like your world is crumbling around you, persevere and build a new and better world. Also don't be afraid to ask for help, even the king of hell might be able to help you out. I wanted to write a story about a character people could look up to and aspire to be.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

 When it comes to focusing.... I'm really bad at that. What helped me write For Heavens Sake!, in such a short span of time, was that if you seemed to have hit a wall in your writing instead of staring at the screen for an hour trying to come up with something, try going for a walk or working on something else, because you never know when inspiration will sneak up behind you and hit you over the back of the head.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

the biggest similarity between Meta and I would be our height. When I write my characters I take traits from my personality, then build and develop personalities around them. Azazel for example is pretty lazy and sarcastic, I, at times, can be super lazy, and I am also a pretty sarcastic person. The similarities between my characters and I are that they are all a part of me.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

I believe  that participating in contests and interviews will bring in new readers because it will bring me out into the open, and hopefully draw new readers to read my story.

10 do you have any future projects?

I do have some future projects planned of which include a Victorian steampunk story set in a world of ash and cinders. Tori, a robotic engineering genius gets her world ripped away and finds herself trapped in a deal protecting a trainyard she can never leave. The trainyard's magic is suddenly shredded leaving Tori, and the other protectors to fight to protect the outside world from being over run by interdimensional threats of all kinds. The book is called Trainyard of Cinderhollow, it won't be released for a while to come though. If anyone is interested they can let me know on my account!