A showcase with @Gareth92, author of The right door

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I  think the idea of haunted houses and how some people wear rose tinted glasses and refuse to see that someone is not for them.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I struggled with honestly constructing a convincing part 2.I had written 1 and 3 but two hadn't originally fit. Until I had made some rewrites.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed writing the character "Monty" the most.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

The response honestly has been more than amazing, there seemed to be a consensus on the majority saying that Monty was the best part of the story.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It's a standalone, though I am currently writing a prequel.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I'd like potential readers, if anything to be entertained. If they come away from it having enjoyed it, them I consider it a success.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

My advice to other writers would be to never give up and don't worry about what others would say about their story, the most important thing is to enjoy writing the story and have fun with it.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

The Main character doesn't share any similarities to myself.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I'd hope and like to think that what I write is unique and hopefully entertaining.

10 do you have any future projects?

 I do have future projects!

I am currently writing a prequel of sorts to "The Right Door" called Monty.