A new showcase with @H_Speaks1, author of Rectifying Oblivion

1 What provides the inspiration for your story?

I actually came up with the story idea one night when I was trying to go to sleep but couldn't. So, naturally, I just started writing, and the bits and pieces came together as I went. I will say that as I wrote my inspiration was those that gave my book a chance from the beginning. People such as @Sydneycl2050, @SunshineBandito, and @Marnie_Write, and @Infinka, were my biggest sources of inspiration because they were so supportive and encouraging.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggled with detail. I believe that I still struggle with developing character presentation and the setting. I would like for my readers to see my characters in their heads, and to see the setting. It is something I am still working on.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I think I enjoyed the plotline overall. I liked adding in all the sweet moments, to just throw in an intense one to balance it all out. I also loved the chance to be creative and kind of create my own work of art.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

For the most part, I believe that my readers at least enjoyed the effort I put in. I have got equal amounts of positive feedback and critical feedback, and both are essential for growth.

5 is your story a stand-alone novel or a piece of a series ?

My story can be standalone...but it is part of a series.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

When readers read Rectifying Oblivion, I would like them to take away that there is always hope, even when it doesn't feel like it, and love is around every corner.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers when it comes to focusing on their own story?

I would tell other writers, that when writing their own story, it is important to take into consideration the comments and opinions of readers, but that their own personal opinions are just as important. Don't stop writing because of a bad review or comment, and don't conform your writing to all of the writing "cliche and stereotypes." What I mean by this is that, just because someone says that you shouldn't write a chapter using one way or that a certain scene is a cliche, doesn't mean you have to change up your writing style to fit the mold. If everyone wrote to conform then no books would be unique. Write for you, and you only. When you start writing only to please others, it is easy to lose sight of why you started writing in the first place.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes. My main character shares a lot of similarities actually. Basically, everything about her is a view reflected in myself, flaws and all. However...the storyline around Rowan's Character is in no way similar to my life. I do not have a medical condition.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 In writing my story, I hoped that the idea that it wasn't just your typical romance, but a story about loss, love, and overcoming obstacles, would bring in readers. I hoped that Rowan's hardships, would seem interesting in a way to readers, and entice them to want to read the story. 

10 do you have any future projects.

I have a few future projects in mine. I am currently working on the second book of the "series," Fulfilling Redemancy. I have a third book planned, that dives into the lives of other characters too.