A showcase with @that-1-shy-girl, author of Loving a sin

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Well I choose idea number 5 for the 2nd annual gold writers completion. It's about a dark romance, about a girl who is in love with a guy who has a drug addiction, and she got caught on his addiction, and when he left to get clean she became what he was. I love writing about broken relationships, and thriller. It's just very interesting for me to write, and read. It did take me a while to come up with what my story was going to be about. Basically what inspired me was songs, and other amazing stories. When I listen to certain songs, the ideas just come to me. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Something I struggled with this story was, not only the outline, but their home lives. In my story I didn't want to do the usual toxic thing. I didn't want to make it so obvious, that the main guy character lives in a toxic house hold. I wanted to do something different that would speak to my readers, and intrigue them. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 What I enjoyed most about writing this story was the way she got hooked onto drugs. It may sound weird, but telling the readers how this girl character go so addicted, and fell in love not with only him but his addiction was my favorite part. This story is not a happy story what so ever, but writing about how easy a person can get addicts to something wasn't my most enjoyed part, but it was one of the better parts to write. That may sound sad, but that was my favorite part to write, especially since it was the least toxic, and sad part.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Well since I haven't published any chapters yet. I don't know the readers overall response, but I hope it's good, and I hope that the readers like, and feel some type of way when reading this book.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

This book is a stand alone book. It doesn't have a happy ending, like most real life situations. I only needed one part to tell the whole sad, and toxic ending. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 I want my reader to take away from this story that not everything ends the way you want it to. Not everyone thinks the same. You don't always get second chances, and if you do, you may not like the way it turns out. Things happen for a reason. It may ruin your life or better it.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 For advice to fellow writers when focusing on your story is, don't cancel everything out. Don't just stay locked a way in your room, or go to the most quiet place because that doesn't work for everybody. For me what helps focusing on a story is talking about it to people, and getting their feedback, and help. Try to get the most important things done first during the day, then continue with your writing, it helps a lot for me. Also making a schedule might be boring, but it definitely does help with. Listening to music that flows perfectly with your story helps a lot with your writing process, and gets ideas flowing.  

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 My main character doesn't share to much in common with myself. The only thing that we do share besides the way we look, is that we're both shy, and that we can be easily vulnerable, and manipulated by people. It does suck, but it's true. By the way I only make my main girl characters look like me if I see my self playing them in a movie because I want to be an actor. Hopefully that makes sense :)

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Something about my story that would draw in readers. Is that it's not your normal abusive toxic love story. I don't do normal, or expecting stuff. I want my readers to be shocked, and intrigued. So I think what draws in my readers is the way my story line goes. 

10 do you have any future projects?

 I do have future projects coming up. I do have a book out already, but I am making outlines, and story ideas for future projects.