A showcase with @MadamQueen18, author of Lost memories

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

This idea came into life last 2018 and I was just imagining scenarios in my head until I came to this!

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

English is just my second language for my comfort zone is writing in Filipino. I struggled with grammar and all but I guess I was able to pull it off, barely.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

I always have my work critiqued so my only problem is the technicalities but since I'm still starting out, I can say that it helped me to grow and make it better. If those technicalities are set aside, they always tell me that my way of narrating as well as my writing style get them hooked up.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Most of us (if not all) came to the point of being scared of having a relationship. I guess that made me enjoy writing for I know that the message I give to them can be relatable. (Well, some of them say that so I'm really happy if it really does.)

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

it depends but my initial plan is to have a sequel after this one.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story

Even though life has given you a series of pain and heartbreaks, you can still be happy and able to overcome all of them.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Writing a story or a novel takes time, so we couldn't stop ourselves to think about other exciting scenes or genres that sometimes are off the plan. I guess, it's not bad to have another source of inspirations but we really need to focus and re-read the story to be able to stick on the general message you once desired to imply.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Some of her characteristics truly reflect mine. One of them is having a strong perspective in life especially when it comes to morals as well as being able to embrace others who are kind at heart. Mia is good in observing others as well and she also got her temper from mine~

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers

I believe that being able to appreciate small things in life will truly make yours less miserable. It is also not bad to seek and depend on your family and trustworthy friends for life doesn't always require you to face these difficulties alone. It doesn't mean you're weak, it's just that you have been strong for long

10 do you have any future projects?

As of now, I'm still struggling with how I manage my time in the upcoming start of the school year. I guess I still have a long way to think if I will do any future projects but if given the inspiration and the opportunity why not?