A showcase with @ASGFanfiction, author of Cuphead and Sonic

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

It was actually a piece of fan art that showed Sonic in the 30s style! And I loved Cuphead, so that was instantly what I thought of. I wrote a draft and boom! The whole idea came together!

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

Something I struggled with was ideas, it wasn't like my other story, Cuphead Texts, where I could make up something hilarious on the spot. Since I was making a story where everything was in danger, it was difficult, but I set up and made the story possible!

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

People have loved it so far! I get a bunch of support every day about it!

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoyed writing it! I loved creating ideas, scenes, and the cover. Every part of the story is my favorite!

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

A piece of a series! I originally intended it to be 3 books, but I made it into 2 instead, as a 2-parter would be so much more fun! I'm currently working on Doomsday, which is the sequel

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

Hmm... I never really thought of a moral. But if I had to come up with one, I would probably say... Just enjoy the book, and see where the road takes you!

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

Just write something you enjoy! I tried a lot of ideas, but I was miserable because I didn't like them.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

I never really had a main character. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Cuphead, and Mugman were basically the main characters. I would probably relate more to Tails. Shy and worrisome. A bit of Sonic, who is still courageous at end.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Probably if I could get readers to share the story with people who like the same thing!

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, I do. One of them is Cuphead Texts: The Movie, a crossover movie that has multiple segments and parts. The other book. I'll reveal it here, Detective Knuckles: Book 1. It isn't anything big, it will be medium-sized.