A showcase with @scrabblepost, author of The Empress of Doom

1 What inspired the idea of the story?

Enavee, the lead of this story was actually the first character that I ever created in my mind. I was going through a tough time and I needed someone strong to hold on to, so I created the most powerful character in the universe. Of course, after the difficult phase faded, I changed her a lot and created this entire story around her.

2 What is something you struggled while constructing your story?

Since I wrote this one for ONC I struggled with everything. From restricted timeline to restricted word count. I left out a lot of pieces of the story. And completing the book without those pieces was really difficult. 

3 What did you enjoy writing most of your story?

With this one in particular, I would say my character's power descriptions. And though there is very little action in this book, I enjoyed writing the action scenes a lot.

4 What's the overall response of your story from your readers?

This is definitely the story that got the most positive response from the readers. A lot of them found it captivating and they have given some really nice feedback and I'm working on them, and trying to improve it further.

5 Is your story a standalone novel or a piece of a series?

It is a series. Initially, I was going to write the sequel first and this was supposed to be a prequel. But ONC happened and I ended up creating it first.

6 What would you like your readers to take away from this story?

I would like to know it from them. What did they take away after reading?

7 What advice would provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Give all of your characters a purpose and justify their actions, both good and bad. 

8 Does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes, but I don't think it's just me. Enavee constantly fails and disappoints everyone in the story. I guess everyone has failed and disappointed at least one person in their life, everyone can relate to her. 

9 What is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Honestly, I don't know what everyone wants to read, else I would have written that story already. EOD is getting more attention than any of my other books, so I did something right, yet I don't know what it is.

10 Do you have any future projects?

Yes, I do. But I put a lot of other books on hold for this one, I would like to complete them before moving on.