A showcase with @xX03_masked_key_03Xx

profile link: https://www.wattpad.com/user/xX03_masked_key_03Xx

author of: The Key To A Mask

1 inspired the idea of your story?

 This book actually started back in 2015, it's gone through numerous changes. I finally decided at the start of this year to unpublish the original version and start a new version [current version]. I had a dream in 2015 about a girl who is black, creative, and most of all fierce in what she believes that she finds out that she's not who she seems [magic is real]. Sounds like such a cliché, no? This is why, I decided to be realistic here and talk about my struggles— bullying, anxiety, depression, and most of all being labeled as 'no one'. Ultimately, the main inspiration of my story is my own life to be exact, on how I believe the human race is ignorant and, not to mention the fact that I wanted to break the most typical stereotype you find on wattpad— the 'bad boy' MC.

 2. What was something you struggled with for your story? 

Simply put— writing the story itself. I'm a true procrastinator hahah so, it was indeed a trek to Everest itself to open the google doc and start writing. I'm usually a firm believer in lists and plans thus I already had outlines, character descriptions among other aspects already sorted out. Even as I write this, I'm procrastinating on writing lol.

3. What has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

I...I'm beyond speechless. I've made a few friends on this site and once I told them about my newest WIP, it was indeed a heart attack-type of shock when I saw their votes and comments. To this day, whenever I see a new read, comment, vote or even a reading list add— it really just doesn't beyond to amaze me— my whole day is just filled with light after seeing them. I've just started 'actually' posting chapters as I recently finished the last bit of coursework for my IB exams on April 30. So, to be honest I haven't been writing for particularly long time but still, the support that has been shown with just the prologue up is magic in all it's glory. 

4. What did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

So far, I'm enjoying portraying my MC as mem a bit too well xD. I'm also really loving the approach I'm taking to tackle certain themes that we, as humans fail to recognize/educate ourselves about. I was really scared at first on writing these themes e.g 'religion' because I've seen a lot of comments that refuse to accept all religions. But, I hope I've taken up a challenge for other writers on wattpad to portray the themes I've done so in a real-world manner. And, I do believe that we must stop this sense of cliché spreading across books while, yes it is enjoyable to read but it is not 'da' truth. I'm actually entering this for  #wattys2020 so it would be a huge appreciation for me if you would check it out. It's also uncomplete which means you can follow along to see my progress!

5. Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

 Back in 2015, it was actually a series! ehehe but now!, it is not ;)

What would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

I would like my readers to take away a very important lesson— nothing is impossible. I strongly wish for each and every one of us to believe in the magic of life and to never ever give up. I'm not saying that life itself is a piece of cake because, it's not. But, most people fail— simply because of the fact that they fail to realize that they do indeed have the power to keep moving forward and mostly to keep on going in this thing called 'life'. Also, I want them to take away the lesson that 'you come first, always', this is your life and yours only so, please don't waste precious seconds of your breath on someone who doesn't deserve it. Lastly, no matter what happens in life I want everyone to do whatever YOU love and not what others want you to do. Now, thank you for coming to my ted talk xD.

7. What's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

Focus. Concentrate. Believe. You need to focus on what you're writing to make it the best piece possible to your capability. You need to concentrate on your writing to recognize if what you're writing is something holds a purpose. And lastly, you need to believe in yourself to actually start the process of writing. It may be that you haven't gotten all the skills needed to perform the craft of writing but, you need to believe to get better. Trust me, once you have all the ingredients, it WILL show in your writing.

 8. Does your main character share any similarities to yourself

YAS! My main character is actually the portrayal of me so, in every situation, she is in, she does certain actions and says certain words that I would have done in those scenes. My main MC's backstory is also my backstory as well, a final and more detailed explanation of how my MC is an exact portrayal of me will be in the final authors note when I finish posting all the chapters. 

9. What's something you believe would draw in new readers?

 THE COVER. Oh my days, I can't explain this enough— if you aren't comfortable with making one, there are lots of shops you can get a cover from! Also, a picture means a thousand words so go crazy with the graphics ahaha. Not to mention as well, that 'INTERACTION' with your readers plays a big factor as well. Wattpad actually gives more priority in exposure to story's that have more comments, so please please interact with your readers! Sending a small thank you note for checking your book out on their message board can mean a lot to them. Interacting with your readers as well shows that you care about their opinions/thoughts as well!, after all, they're you're fanbase, non? 

10. Do you have any future projects

Indeed I do!, I currently have a list of future projects but none of them have confirmed titles as of yet, but I can give you a bit of a hint about them here: I have books coming to my profile very soon from every single genre! I already have a couple of series on my profile already but, there will be a series called 'Chocolatier' which will explore the definition of chocolate in its beauty and not to mention MC's, themes, and experiences that aren't in the world of wattpad writing yet! Lastly, a parting message from the not-author-me: keep breathing, <3 yourself, be + always, something is always possible, stay safe, ily ;) and hope you have a gorgeous day 

to read: 

https://www

https://www.wattpad.com/story/210297675-✨-the-key-to-a-mask-✎-wattys2020