A showcase with @RenaDeen, author of Kaleidoscope Eyes

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Both the BTS Map of the Soul: 7 Black Swan photoshoot and a blue haired Kim Taehyung. That was where the idea for Kaleidoscope Eyes formed.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The thing I most struggled with is the conflict within the story. On one side I wanted Eunha and Antieno to have an open honest, no secret relationship. On the other hand misunderstandings can lead far into creating a good plot. I also had a lot of trouble deciding if I wanted Haneul to be a road-block for their relationship to proceed or not.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 The relationship between Eunha and Antieno the most. I always wanted to write a very non-toxic, mutual acceptance and trust kind of relationship and that was my main focus writing KE.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I  have one reader and they seem to love the story so far.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It's a standalone novel. I don't plan on making it into a series.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Probably the status of mutual trust and honesty within Eunha's and Antieno's relationship. Considering it's a NA book, I'd like my readers to realise that intimacy doesn't pertain just to a sexual relationship. That to pursue a long lasting relationship means to listen to your partner as much as being heard. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

The only advise I can give a fellow writer is to write what they would love to read. Because writing should be fun and not done purely for the sake of views or reads. As long as you genuinely enjoy what you do, you will forever hold your love for writing. And to never let hate comments to get in the way of your passion. Because if you get hate, that means you are in the right path to success.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

In this story I don't think I really projected anything of myself into either Antieno or Eunha. If anything, I wrote this entire story on what I believe a beautiful but honest and trusting relationship should be.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I really have no idea. It could either be the plot or the love story.

10 do you have any future projects?

I have tons of WIPs in the making, but none even close to being done or ready to be published.