A showcase with @andrea_seamurr, author of Soul swapped

1. What inspired the idea of your story?

"Freaky Friday".. I liked the movie but loved the concept of soul exchange more , then thought a lot about it and came up with this story.

2. What is something you struggled constructing with your story?

You can see it glaring at the top.. the title.. I'm not at all satisfied with the title.. I've to come up with a good one. Apart from that there's no other problem.

3. What did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed carving out the characters, their emotions .. leading to a story.. I think it's the whole process that I enjoyed/still enjoying because I haven't finished it yet.

4. What's the overall response of your story from readers?

I think it's good. There's been 102 reads in 20 days. Considering I'm a Bambi here in wattpad definitely it's a positive response.

5. Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of series?

This depends on how much the story gets loved by the readers. For now it's a standalone but I am thinking of giving Brad (Sarah's brother – if you read the story you'll know *wink wink*) his own story.. Let's see what happens.. *fingers crossed*

6. What would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Pure enjoyment.. I fell in love with books because it served as a gateway to escape reality.. I love the feeling of losing myself in other world.. I want to make it happen through mine as well.. I know I'm not close to that goal but someday yes I want my readers to experience that..

7. What advice would you provide to fellow writers when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Eh.. I suck at giving advices.. but if I really have to. I'd say believe in yourself.. don't get demotivated by low count in reads/votes, this happens but you'll overcome it soon..

8. Does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I think I'm a little mixture of both Sarah and Anna.. Like Anna I don't talk much. I'm a total nerd. You'll always find me with books or mangas . Like Sarah I love my elder sibling.. and that's where the similarities end.

9. What is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

It's a teen fiction.. I think people will love the concept of living with your crush in crush's sister's body.. the drama, the angst , the nerve wracking moments when you see your crush without any shirt.. at least Anna will see hers before her eyes.. I hope all this would pique some interest..

10. Do you have any future projects?

I do have.. I'm working on two mystery novels.. I just had to do some severe research before making them as rational as possible.. it'll take a lot time.. besides I've already published two short stories because I love short stories.. The readers can check them out as well...