A showcase with @AliasTummas1, author of THE ART OF STARTING OVER

1 what inspired the idea of your story

I saw a young girl talking to an elderly lady at a park. They looked like they were related but one had a British accent while the other had a Maltese accent. I started writing about them because I needed to. I was going through a rough patch, as was my best friend. She wanted to read... I wanted to write so it worked out perfectly! Eventually, the characters developed themselves and the story was written based on actual fears and concerns I have, had or actually went through / was going through / am still going through...

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

 I can't answer without giving away any spoilers... But it was definitely knowing that I had to 'kill off' my favourite character... It was essential to the story but I just couldn't do it! It took me weeks and weeks to write and edit those chapters...

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

It is relatively a fresh release however the response so far has been great... I love it when readers either comment spontaneously in reaction to a turn in the story or provide constructive feedback as it gives me something to work with and improve for the next project. 

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story

The Christmas Tree scene in Chapter 'Jingles.' I'm head over heels in love with Jeremy's fun side... 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

 Stand alone... So far... ;)

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 Life keeps on happening. No matter what happens, no matter how bad things get, the human being is made to overcome, adapt and move on... And not necessarily on our own ;)

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

 Write! Write! Write! Even if you don't know where your story is heading, just write until it comes to you... That's why there is the process of editing and re editing... But if you have an idea you like, keep at it! 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Oh yes! Definitely my sense of humor and my insecurities! 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

 I myself am always drawn to stories that are realistic and relatable. It doesn't matter what genre they are but I think as long as the author remains true to human emotion, people will read and enjoy! Of course, good blurbs, good publicity and being a genuine contributor to the community gets people to read and give honest feedback... Which in my opinion is what Wattpad is all about! That is why I think these shout outs and exposure interviews are such a good way of getting to know each other better! 

10 do you have any future projects? 

Yes, I just started sharing a new novel called AFTER THE SUN SETS. It is different than THE ART OF STARTING OVER in many ways, as it is more serious, more daring and based on real people I know and love... yet it is a great challenge and I am looking forward to sharing this story with the Wattpad Community.