A showcase with @JayReshkee, author of Imperfect Puzzle

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

I wanted it to be a short easy read. The idea of having polar opposites characters with a tinch to supernatural element was all it took.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

I wanted to present it for the short story genre. A light read. So keeping the story very short in 6000 words was the biggest struggle. Especially fitting in the romance to such a short plot.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

Pleasant response. Especially towards the climax of the story.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The emotional letter in the end of the story

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

stand alone 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

The happy ending perhaps? I want my readers to have a strain less easy happy ending so that they can use my story as a relaxing experience.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

Keep separate unpublished chapters in which you can use one for ideas, another with all the characters including the extras and one with a plot summary or climax written in 2 sentence. This will keep you away from story deviations.

 Like taking notes.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

No. Since I have a lot of readers who know me personally, I like to keep my characters personality as least like me as possible. I like to experiment with different personalities in a character.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Being part of contests or book clubs.

10 do you have any future projects?

My first book Warmth in His World (WIHW) is still incomplete. First of all I have to complete that. But yes I'm planning to write a fantasy story too. And also a short story based on a science fiction I have in my mind.