A showcase @LikeToBe_Mendes, author of The cure to my pain

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Mainly, the recurring pattern of books on wattpad. The same cliché bad boys, the soft girl was a little boring to read and the way a girl is portrayed was unlikable. So, I took it as a challenge and wanted people to know there are other kinds of stories than the same repetitive ones.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The whole plot was ready before I even started writing. What actually was difficult was being consistent on updates. I wanted to write but there were a lot of things going on in my life and I couldn't focus on writing.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

What many wattpad books forget is the character development or even a relationship development. I loved writing my main characters' growing relation and also how they individually developed especially the female lead.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

The response has been good. I love every person who has supported me. I still feel there is a lack of exposure for my book, I hope people notice it and give it a try.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

stand alone

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Mainly I would morals. I have incorporated many such things in my characters which show their moral and ethics. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

I would tell them if you are really into that story, just focus on that one. Do not pressure yourself with 2 or 3 books at once. And another thing, at least upload half of your book before promoting because I know we get demotivated when people don't read your work even after we ask them to.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Same thing I said earlier, my morals. I have my characters based on the same morals as I've been living with.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The non cliché aspect, the female lead is in a gang and not the guy. The male lead is not a bad boy but is popular. The female lead isn't a badass just because she is in a gang, she is traumatized and that reflects in her character. There are many more things and people would find them once they read the story.

10 do you have any future projects?

 I do have future projects. I'm really excited for them. I have 2 stand alones and a trilogy. I'm focusing on a stand alone right now.