a showcase with @maniac_lunaticbae, author of nohereka

1. What inspired the idea of your story?

The idea of my story was mainly inspired by my African heritage and the lack of African historical fiction books on Wattpad, especially based on Zimbabwe.

2. What's something you struggled with for your story?

The name, believe it or not. I found the book cover and plotted out the story and created a timeline but I still didn't have the name.

3.What has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

People generally enjoy it because its different, but there's others who wont be as supportive as others and it's okay.

4.What did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed writing the conflict between my main character and her lover, as well as plunging my main character down the chasm of madness.

5. Is your story a standalone novel or part of a series?

Nohereka is a standalone novel.

6.What would like your readers to take away from your story?

I'd like people to take away the valuable lessons I teach in every chapter but mainly the fact that every story will have two sides and sometimes the truth is not what we want it to be.

7. What's a piece of advice you would give to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Dont stop writing, it may sound; dumb, stupid, cliche or even bad but what matters is getting it down on paper. Remember you can't fix a story that's not there. Someone out in the world needs your writing to keep going.

8. Does you main character share similarities to yourself?

Yes, I write from personal experience although we are from parallel worlds, my main character and I share similar characteristics.

9. What's something you believe would draw in new readers?

An awesome cover, its starts with catching the readers attention, believe it or not people do judge a book based on the cover.

10. Do you have any future projects?

Yes, I do but after completing my current book Nohereka, I'll be taking a deep dive into the world of thriller books.