A showcase with @eternitea40, author of Forever June

What inspired the idea of your story?

 Some of my personal experiences were combined with the struggles I often see other people facing in life to create Forever June. I wanted to write a poetry book that would resonate with many while focusing on the important aspect of self-love and acceptance. 

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

Definitely planning out the ending and last few poems. 

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

A vast majority of my readers say that my poetry is very raw and beautifully shows the real world.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoyed writing actually the darker poems in the story. It gave me a lot more flexibility to weave hidden meanings, foreshadowing, and figurative language in there. Furthermore, the ending will probably also be one of my favorite parts. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

Forever June is currently a stand-alone novel with no plans of a sequel. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 I just want to show that although moving on for whatever reason is difficult, there's still hope left. You need to learn how to love yourself before anything else. 

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer when it comes to focusing on their story? 

Take everything people say with a grain of salt; not every comment you receive will be beneficial to your work.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself

All my characters are varying pieces of me, so yes. June overanalyzes situations and expresses his emotions through writing in the same way I do. He's a very ambiguous character; I like writing characters in the gray area. 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

A strong opening is crucial for keeping readers engaged. If the premise of a book isn't intriguing, they will stop reading.

10 do you have any future projects?

 After I finish Forever June, I'll start to post Double Down, a New Adult mystery novel. With surprises and plot twists, it'll keep readers on the edge of their toes the entire time, and I'm excited to share it with this community.