A showcase with @Kara_Zor_El_7, author of Devil within

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My story Devil Within is inspired by true events in my life that happened two years ago.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggled with my plot a lot in the beginning and decided to hold off writing the book for a year before I finally changed the plot and felt happy with it.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I  enjoy fleshing out my characters in this novel. As I write, they continue to surprise me, because they're such dark and unique characters. I especially love writing about my male villain Hudson who is just the epitome of darkness.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I have gotten quite a lot of good responses about the fact that it's so realistic as well as steamy and that I have a perfect balance with my storyline.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Devil Within is going to be a part of a series.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 I would like for them to understand that there are people in this world that we will never completely understand. I also want to shed light on people with ASPD (Anti-social Personality Disorder) because we must try to understand and help them.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 Be positive about your work. One of the worst things that a writer can experience is doubt and that doubt comes from the critic within yourself. It doesn't mean that your doubt and your self-criticism is right.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Yes. I like to make my characters as real as possible and so because my story is something from my past, I based my character on a lot of my traits. She's very confident and sometimes shy and loves literature. She also believes a lot in love and romance.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

It's different. I read a lot of books and I haven't seen anything like this out there. A lot of people love trying the bad boy trope, but my antagonist is a literal bad person. As I said, I love making them real and fleshing out their personalities.

10 do you have any future projects?

I do have a lot of future projects. One being a seaside town mystery and another story that's set in an urban fantasy world.