A showcase with @SunshineBandito, author of Winning Over His Heart

1. What inspired the idea of your story? 

 My mom inspired all of my writing. I was homeschooled. My mom would have a class that included writing prompts. We had five minutes to write whatever came to mind. When the five minutes were up, we were graded on whatever we wrote.One day, my mom picked a prompt about someone getting stuck in an elevator with another person. Eventually, they become friends.Throughout the years, even after graduation, the writing prompt stuck with me. I wrote so many stories until one finally stuck and I fell in love with the plot. 

 2. What is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

I had a struggle with making my characters relatable. I want my readers to get their emotions involved.I don't even care if they hate a particular character, I want emotion!Also, this is my first real romance novel. So, it was a bit difficult to write a romantic story that didn't move too fast.

3. What did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

 I loved writing because it allows you to create an entire whole inside an actual one. When you write, there is really no limit to your imagination. I had fun with the setting and simply things, like the dialogue for this story. Creating my characters and developing their personalities were the most fun for me.

 4. What's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 Much to my surprise, I think a lot of my readers enjoy it. My comments and responses have all been mega positive, in which I'm super grateful. A lot of my readers have a love/hate relationship with my male protagonist, which, even though it sounds strange, I'm really happy about! So far, so good! 

 5. Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

 It's a Series! (I haven't really told that anyone that yet! lolol)Hopefully this first book is a hit. If so, I'll definitely be writing the stories of my other characters.

6. What would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

 I want my readers to learn that it's important to always know your value.Stay true to your morals and work hard!Working helps you to earn respect, which will give you a good reputation.I also want people to realize that money doesn't make you happy. Being successful doesn't mean someone is happy. 

 7. What advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

 I would encourage them to 

Write Without Feedback.

 If you love the story, someone, even if it's only one person will love the story too

. Accept criticism with an open mind.

 If someone doesn't like it, don't let it get you down. 

Stay positive and keep writing! The worst thing you can do is give up.

8 does your main character share any similarities to anyone?

Absolutely! 

There are so many! 

My main character is very grounded in her morals. Even if her emotions are involved, she won't allow herself to go against them. She's very determined character and not afraid to fight for what she wants.We are also similar in that we are both hard-workers and ensure our quality of work is high. 

Lastly, we both are very loyal to our friends.

9. What is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

 Everyone is working towards something; albeit good or bad. They all experience different journeys to get to their destination. Each character has a story and I hope it holds enough interests that you want to find out what it is.

10. Do you have any future projects? 

 7 to be exact! lolol