A showcase with @EeveeAndras, author of Alpha

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Alpha was inspired by a roleplay, I enjoyed the roleplay a lot but when it ended I felt like the story wasn't over. So what started as a relationship between two men blossomed into an entire world surrounding the trials of cultural differences and coming out mixed with, well, a world war!

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

I struggled with writing characters other people would like versus characters that I personally enjoy. Since it's in first person, nobody gets to see them as I do, save for Nic. So listening to feed back and altering little things while keeping it true to the story was and is a constant struggle.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoy writing the fluffy/funny scenes. I'm not a fan of straight romance stories even though I love to write it! Comedy is a great break in all of the drama and I enjoy hiding bits of romantic comedy in my mayhem! Lol! 

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

When I first wrote it, nobody liked the beginning. I clung to it because that seemed important to me at the time to hold it true to how someone might respond when they've used their body to control people. But, nobody felt that way and I couldn't write it out well enough to convey that. After the change, people seem to like it a lot more so that's been nice. It's a mixture of positive and negative! My characters don't often do the right thing. 

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

It's part of an ongoing series about the wrap up its seventh book! 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

That you are allowed to forgive people. People can change, grow, change their minds and it's up to you to decide if you can forgive them or not. It's ok to be wrong but it's also okay to stand up for yourself and what is write. The only one who can be responsible for you is you and if you don't value yourself, nobody else will. I guess the main theme would be self worth! And that even manly warlords aren't all they seem ;)  

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

Write what you enjoy, not what's popular. Write for yourself, write every single day and practice as often as you can. Listen to a song and write a scene for it. ( 1/ 2)

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Nope! Nic is actually my exact opposite LOL I much more relate to Alpha but Nic was a new character for me and I really wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone with this character that didn't fit into a normal box. 

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I think the story line. It goes through a lot of twists and turns and each book is very different from the last. 

10 Do you have any future projects?

Yes! I'm preparing to write a 'second' series that follows the after math of the Alpha series and this will more strongly follow them in a much different light with a different set of enemies and challenges.