A showcase with @HackGamingInk, author of The God's Cross World

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

There wasn't just one thing that inspired my book. I took inspiration from alot of different things, ranging from characters to even other stories. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggled bringing logic to my ideas. I had huge conflict ideas in my head, but I needed a way to make them happen without having them feel forced, so that was probably the hardest part.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The conflicts probably, since I'm fairly new to writing, I learned as I went, and it's honestly been alot of fun to see my ideas come to life.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I would like to know that myself :P. I know that my story didn't start strong, but there hasn't been many people to read it, I'd just like some genuine opinions.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It's not a stand a stand alone, but it's hard to call it a series. It's gonna be 2 books maybe 3 depending on how things go in the future.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

The plot, or something like that. I want them to see all the different things that I had to think of and put on paper, and maybe just have them appreciate the characters, though that's still a work in progress.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Hmm, ain't big on advice. Think of the plot first, like every little thing before you put it on paper. You'll wind up getting side tracked and writing alot of extra stuff which is fine, but if you have the plot in your head at all times you won't strive from the main story.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

A couple, maybe how they're sarcastic, or don't take much too seriously but really care about family, stuff like that.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I've never before seen something like what I have in mind. I've seen similar but nothing like what I'm trying to do. I've been thinking over this plot for over a year, maybe two actually, I tried to make it as original as I could.

10 do you have any future projects?

Not that I know of, I could dip my feet into other genres but for now I'm gonna focus on my book. I'm still a year out anyways :P