A showcase with @TheMightyNut

Author of: ABSENT FRIENDS (Completed) and  AF THE EATING CLUB (Completed but in twelfth edit!) EC 

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

AF was inspired by an ONC2020 prompt. The story actually ends with the prompt rather than using it at the beginning. EC is inspired by the idea of relationship.

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story? 

Wordcount and deadlines for AF. Still struggling with EC frame.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

The readers that have read them seemed to like them. They say that dialogue is my strength.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I actually enjoy working and reworking my writing. I don't write an entire draft before I begin editing. I edit as I go and sometimes I will edit a chapter to death and then begin again.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

AF is stand alone. EC may became a series (if I can ever finish it!) or I may make the existing manuscript into two volumes.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

A great escape!

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

I'm the last person to give advice on focusing. I bounce back and forth between painting and writing and even though I know the following, I still have a hard time: she who chases two rabbits loses both.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

All of the female characters share similarities to me or they have characteristics I wish I shared.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Good writing!

 10 do you have any future projects? 

I am hoping to finish The Eating Club sooner than later. Then I'm going for the six figure book deal and future movie rights. Oops, I just heard my mother's sarcasm in my head: "Dream on!"

https://www.wattpad.com/story/213474833-absent-friends-onc2020

com/story/213474833-absent-friends-onc2020