a showcase with @MessiWrites_, author of Game on, Alpha

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I  had read a lot of werewolf books on Wattpad and almost all of them had weak, submissive female MCs and overbearing, dominant Alpha males as the male MC. I wanted to write something different and more realistic that would set my book apart from the other books that fall in the werewolf category on Wattpad.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

Something that I still struggle with is finding the time to update often and regularly, especially because writing one chapter of GOA means typing out 4000+ words, which means that it consumes a major part of any day. Otherwise, writing this book is one on of my topmost favourite things to do and it actually gives me something to look forward to when I'm having a more than usual busy week at school. 

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

The overall response from my readers has been great. Except for one reader who didn't quite agree with the idea of an all-powerful female lead, the support from my other readers has been amazing and I want them to know that it's highly appreciated.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

As of now, GOA is still being updated, and the parts that I enjoy writing most are the Sapphire-and-Steven scenes and the few precious moments when a character reveals their more tender side, because it helps the readers to bond with them. However, one thing I must admit I'm looking forward to more than anything else is the character development.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

 To quote Damon Salvatore: "That's for me to know and you to dot dot dot..." *winks*

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want my readers to know that no matter what, family always come first. Whatever happens, our family is always there to support, console and love us at the end of the day. And sometimes we tend to take their presence in our lives for granted, which is not right. Especially in the critical period of time that we're living in, when we don't know who will still be next us to us tomorrow, we need to realize the importance of our loved ones and the people who care for us everyday. It's thanks to their love and affection that we are where we are today. 

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

 I would advise budding writers to focus on the main plot, and then build the rest of the story around it. Three things that should be clear in your mind before you sit down to write a book is the beginning, climax and end. You're good to go if you're clear about these three things!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Sapphire is like me in a lot of ways. We think alike (though I tend to make more stupid decisions) and in some aspects, even look alike. I felt like I had to be able to relate to my MC if I was to write a book about them, so I could think through them, in a way. 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

Every story revolves around its main character, and that's the reason why I have tied the task of drawing in readers to my MC. Sapphire is a smart, sturdy leader who knows how to run with the powerful men of her kind. Her personality is what sets her apart from the other MCs that one usually expects to find in a werewolf story, and I depend on it for attracting the readers' attention and making them want to know more about the story.

10 do you have any future projects?

 As of now, I haven't thought about writing a new story, but new ideas do keep popping up in my mind. I want to try my hand at writing teen fiction, and the horror genre has always been a favourite of mine. I want to refrain from starting something new while I'm working on another story because it could make me lose interest in what I'm currently writing. I do hope to write other stories after GOA is complete and edited.