A showcase with @gabyseve14, author of Book of You & I

1what inspired the idea of your story?

 This book is inspired on a true story of my last relationship. While I was going through it, I never knew anyone who through something so specific and now that I'm older, I'm ready to tell my story so others can see that they're not alone. 

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

How to start it and how to write my characters that we're based on the real people but, at the same time, give it a twist so it's not exactly the same facts.

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers

I believe I have been blessed with the most amazing readers, the response has been bigger than I ever imagined. I still have a long way to go, but the readers/followers are just so incredible and supportive of the story.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

Seeing everything develop with a different point of view, a more mature one. Also, sometimes the characters come to life in unexpected ways and don't necessarily take the original path. It's fun watching how everything develops and come to life. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

For now, it's a stand alone. But life is a non-ending mystery, so maybe there could be one or two spin-offs based of other plot lines. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

To never let yourself become someone you don't like. Don't let someone else take charge of your life and change who you really are. 

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

Set apart some time to just write your story, and respect it. Make sure your mind is clear of any other distractions so you can truly focus.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

The main character is based on me, but I believe she's based more on who I was at that time. The essence is there, but we're not exactly the same based on who I am now.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Taking in topics of relevance during the point and time of that story, making sure the characters stay true on who they are and make them real people; not just fiction. I firmly believe that people identify with characters that seem real, not just a piece in the story. 

10 do you have any future projects

Not at the moment. My story is even on hold given some work circumstances that have taken all of my time. So my main focus is to come out of this situation and get back to "Book of You & I" as soon as possible. I hate making my readers wait, but as I said before, they're just amazing and the best readers I could ask for.