A new showcase with @NikkiDGonzalo, author of If I Could Turn Back Time

1 What inspired the idea of your story?

I have been wanting for the longest time to get back into writing but seemed to never have the time. I came back with If I Could Turn Back Time on a random night laying in bed. I wanted bring forth the story of a strong, successful woman who was troubled by past decisions and show that even the biggest of mistakes can result into something beautiful. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Since I am getting back used to writing again after about awhile it was pretty much deciding whether I was giving too little of details or too much. I definitely want to keep the readers interested. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I love telling Monroe's (the main character) story. I feel it well definitely resonate with readers and they may find some similarities in their lives as well.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 So far, I have introduced a few close friends to the Wattpad platform and I have definitely gotten some positive feedback as well as some helpful feedback as far as the stories direction. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

I do not want Monroe's story to end with this book and have been contemplating a sequel to this book. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want my readers to take away that the choices you have made in the past do not define you in anyway. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Do what you love! I currently don't have that many readers but I definitely am not going to let that stop me. Get that story out there!!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Oh most definitely. The main character like myself is mixed. On top of that some of our mannerisms and way of thinking and some of her relationships with characters in the book I have taken from past experiences. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

It's funny. The main character is charming and has a unique perspective on life and is also relatable. The other characters in the book are unique and have a major impact on the main character and are also relatable.

10 do you have any future projects?

I do. I have a darker piece that is in the works. I am also playing around with doing a sequel to my current piece of work that is out.