A showcase with @BethAmos, author of My Little Secret

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My story was inspired by other people's work and growing up through my teens in the world around me.

2 what's something you struggled with for your story? 

Keeping the story light-hearted and fun, but making sure that the serious theme ran throughout.

3 what's been the overall response of your story from your readers?

The overall response so far has been brilliant. I've had constructive feedback as well as a general love for the story and characters. Knowing that people are enjoying reading spurs me on to continue writing.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most about your story?

I love writing the dialogue between the two main characters. They have a love-hate relationship and it's fun to imagine how they would respond to each other in certain situations.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of the series? 

It's a stand-alone.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

No matter how perfect a person appears to be, everybody fights their own demons.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own stories?

Write because you love to write. Try not to focus on the response you get to start with as it can take time to build up and be seen. Always write your best work and don't rush just to upload quickly. Always upload your best work.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

Yes. She is very similar to me in certain ways.

9 what's something about your story, you believe would draw new readers?

It's a story about many emotions and overcoming personal fears which lots of people will be able to relate to. It's a bit cliche at times(who doesn't love a good cliche though!) There are cute, loving scenes, but also very dark scenes that explore painful aspects of people's darkest fears.

 10 do you have any future projects?

I've always got ideas flowing around In my head. The first draft of 'My Little Secret' is pretty much finished, so alongside editing that I'm enjoying writing 'Bloodlines.' They are two very different books.