-127-

The second eliminations had arrived and the trainees were back in their uniforms. Yuxin had gotten much better but had still decided to keep what was troubling her to herself. Y/N had understood the situation but made sure to give her love and care. She was her shoulder to cry on and her safe place at night. She held her hand tightly in hers making the younger look at her. 'Everything good?' She asked with a smile. Yuxin nodded and looked at her. She admired her hair that she had recently cut a bit shorter so it fell a few inches past her shoulders. Her bangs had grown out slightly and were brushed back.

'You didn't tie your hair up today?' She asked making Y/N laugh. 'You're so random. No I didn't tie it up. I'm going home so I asked the hair stylist to leave my hair down so no one has to see my ugly crying when I have to leave you here.' She said with a small smile. Yuxin frowned. 'Shh. You're staying right here.' She held her hand tighter. 'I currently rank 60th. There's no way I've jumped over 25 places from 1 stage. There's so many talented trainees who deserve those places. Like you.'

'Stop speaking you're pissing me off.' She heard Gia say from behind her. She looked back and saw her give her a cold look which soon softened when she saw the younger girl pout up. She felt arms wrap around her from her left and yelped when she was pulled towards them. 'Y/N, don't talk like that, you're making me feel sad. I don't ever feel sad.' She turned to see Fan looking at her with a slightly upset look. 'Sorry FanFan.' She leaned back and the older girl hugged her tighter.

She felt arms attack her from all sides and found herself in a huge group hug, encased by all her friends. 'Guys, don't feel bad if I don't make it.' She said to which she was immediately responded by yells from everyone telling her to be quiet. 'Kun's gonna be here soon, go back to your seats.' She said trying to break free. 'I don't care.' Said Keyin. 'Me neither.' Yan agreed. 'Guys please. I'm getting crushed by your fat asses.' She laughed making everyone pull away.

'Kun's here.' They heard some trainees below them say making them rush to their seats and bow. 'Hello trainees. Let's start with the second eliminations.' Yuxin held Y/N's hand tightly. Kun started announcing the trainees ranking from 34-27. Y/N clapped happily and cheered for the trainees who got through. She was convinced that she didn't get through and so just enjoyed her last moments with some of the trainees. Both of her hands were held by the girls either side her even though they tried their best to believe she was going to survive the eliminations; they were starting to think that what Y/N was saying might be true.

26th place went to Zhuoyi and Fan had earned the 25th. She pulled away unwillingly from Y/N and tried to hide her nervous expression. 'The 24th trainee works very hard. She's very versatile and is always helping others. She tried different styles but finally came back to her comfort zone. She's got a better rank than before and there's definitely more to her than meets the eye.' As Kun was giving away hints Yuxin's grip around Y/N's hand tightened. 'Yuxin, stop. There's no way that's me. That description fits so many other trainees.'

'She is also an independent trainee.' Yuxin's head snapped in Y/N's direction. 'It's probably Xia Yan or Li Yichen.' She said with a calm expression but the hope in Yuxin's eyes never left. 'Don't get your hopes up. You'll just be hurt after.' Y/N smiled warmly at her. 'This time it's worth it.' She whispered before looking back at Kun who was scanning the trainees to see who they were rooting for. He saw a clump of girls who were anxiously looking at him, praying that he'd say Y/N's name.

'The trainee is....' 

________

🖤